bike cockpits, commute, fog, Miyata, nitto, RidgeRunner Team, Seattle, Soma Grand Randonneur, Technomics
RidgeRunner Porteur, a set on Flickr.
I promised some photos of the re-cockpitted Miyata, and it was light out when I rode in today. It was a nice misty day by the time I got downtown. The fog started as I neared the Sound, and I was covered in wet mist by the time I got to work. Another beautiful Seattle commute!
Comments on the setup:
- I love the way this bike rides, but it’s time to disassemble in anticipation of the forthcoming Soma Grand Randonneur.
- I may keep the frame, but I have a feeling it won’t get ridden much.
- The bottom bracket is too high, which pushes the seat too high – too much seatpost showing.
- I would also put a longer stem on this beast – probably a Nitto Technomics 110.
- The reach is a bit too short this way.
- I also won’t do 175mm cranks again. After 170/171s it feels like I’m really moving the legs a lot!
Great Stuff. Those photos draw us into them.